Main tourist attraction in Hokkaido. Powder snow and huge ski slopes
Located within the Sapporo Jozankei Onsen, Sapporo Kokusai Skiing Resort attracts not only local skiers but also many repeaters from outside Hokkaido. Though close to the cities (within 60 and 40-minute drive from Sapporo and Otaru, respectively) the resort has an ample amount of soft powder snow. It is popular with skiers as they can ski there until the Golden Week holiday season in May every year.
A key attraction is the Sky Cabin gondolas each capable of carrying eight skiers and Marchen Daiichi lift quads each for four people. A 3.6-kilometer Rinkan Course-Marchen Course offers exhilarating and satisfying glade skiing in the wildness. It is a perfect course because even entry-level skiers can enjoy skiing safely. There are seven courses such as the Downhill course for advanced skiers, Swing course for intermediate skiers and Woody course for beginners. Each slope is wide and long, enabling skiers to enjoy skiing in accordance with their levels.
It is also highly recommended that skiers relieve their fatigue at the nearby Jozankei-onsen Hot Spring at the foot of the mountain on the way before returning home or to the city that day.
- 937 Jozankei, Minami Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Nov. 17 to May 6 (flexible each year)
9:00 to 17:00 (weekdays), 8:40 to 18:00 (Saturday, Sunday and national holiday)
- Hokkaido-Sapporo Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Hokkaido-Sapporo Tourist Information Center
- Sapporo International Communication plaza Foundation Tourist Information Offices Sapporo International Communication plaza Foundation
- Sapporo Jozankei-onsen Hot Spring Hot Springs Sapporo Jozankei-onsen Hot Spring
- Sapporo Art Park Museums Sapporo Art Park