Oita-shi Bijutsukan (The Oita Art Museum) stands in Uenogaoka Park (上野丘公園), a park in the city of Oita, Oita Prefecture, and houses a collection of around 3,000 works of modern and contemporary art. The modern art collection includes Tanomura Chikuden’s Bungo Nanga, Japanese-style paintings much influenced by Sung China, which are designated an Important Cultural Property by the Japanese government. Artworks from the last 100 years are mainly by artists with close links to Oita Prefecture, such as the Japanese-style painters Tatsuo Takayama and Heihachiro Fukuda, and are on permanent exhibition classified by genre.
- 865 Ueno, Oita-shi, Oita
- 10:00 - 18:00（Visitors cannot enter after 17:30）
- Admission Fee
- Admission 300yen、College and high school student 200 yen、Middle school and under, free
- Mondays (If it is a holiday, it will be closed on the next day.) First Monday will be open. The next day will be closed. (It will be open while the special exhibition is in session) End of the year to beginning of the year.
- [Parking] 130 parking spaces are available.
- Oita City Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Oita City Tourist Information Center
- Oita Prefectural Art Museum (OPAM) Museums Oita Prefectural Art Museum (OPAM)
- Oita Christian Martyrs Memorial Park (oita-ken kirishitan jyunkyou kinen kouen) Japanese Gardens & Parks Oita Christian Martyrs Memorial Park (oita-ken kirishitan jyunkyou kinen kouen)
- Umitamago (Oita Marine Palace Aquarium) Zoological & Botanical Gardens, Aquariums Umitamago (Oita Marine Palace Aquarium)
- Mt. Takasaki Wild Monkey Park (takasakiyama shizen doubutsuen) Zoological & Botanical Gardens, Aquariums Mt. Takasaki Wild Monkey Park (takasakiyama shizen doubutsuen)
- Oita Stadium "Big Eye" (Daigin dome) Sports Facilities Oita Stadium "Big Eye" (Daigin dome)
- Dplaza (Shinkawa Bus Center) Places for Shopping Dplaza (Shinkawa Bus Center)
- JR Oita station Transport Facilities JR Oita station