The Sapporo Beer Museum, the only beer museum in Japan, was opened in July 1987 to provide visitors with a varied knowledge of the history and nature of brewing with the aid of on-site equipment, miniature models and films. Constructed in 1890 as a factory of the Sapporo Sugar Company, the red-brick building was used until 1965 as a factory for barley cleaning in the process of beer production. It is one of the precious cultural legacies of the earlier Japanese settlement in Hokkaido. The Tasting Lounge (on the 1st floor) provides access to a wide variety of beers.
- 9-1-1 Kita 7-jo Higashi, Higashi-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido
- Admission Fee
- Free (except for beer and water tasting)
- Mondays, New Years holidays'
- [Rail]Subway Toho Line Higashi Kuyakusho-mae Station/On foot/10 min.
- SAPPORO ＆ HOKKAIDO CONCIERGE CENTER Tourist Information Offices SAPPORO ＆ HOKKAIDO CONCIERGE CENTER
- Mt. Moiwa-yama Scenic Landscapes Mt. Moiwa-yama
- Shiroi Koibito Park Industrial Tourism Shiroi Koibito Park
- Okurayama Ski Jump Stadium Sports Facilities Okurayama Ski Jump Stadium
- Former Hokkaido Government Office Historical Architectures Former Hokkaido Government Office
- Sapporo City Clock Historical Architectures Sapporo City Clock
- Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art Museums Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art
- Hitsuji-ga-oka (hill of sheep) Cityscapes Hitsuji-ga-oka (hill of sheep)