Tokyo International Forum: A unique building in front of Yurakucho Station, with a vast atrium that provides a stunning venue for the international exchange of culture and information.
Located on the site of the former Tokyo Metropolitan Government building, this convention and art center opened in 1997. Consisting of the landmark glass building and the block that holds the main halls, this large-scale cultural complex has a total of 11 floors above ground and three basement floors, with a total floor area of 145,000 square meters.
The immense boat-shaped atrium measures about 207 m long and about 32 m at its widest, and stands 57.5 m high; this glass building, with its beautiful and dynamic curves, expresses the design concept of “The boat of diversity”. This design, by Rafael Vinoly (USA), was the prize-winning entry in a contest that attracted 395 entries from 50 different countries. Equipped with a space that functions as a lobby for the facility as a whole, as well as 31 conference rooms, a lounge, and a restaurant, this is the venue for various international exhibitions and conferences. The overwhelming scale of the vast glass space is especially impressive when seen from inside, so we would certainly recommend that you take a look around.
The adjacent block holds seven halls tailored to a variety of purposes, such as exhibitions and conferences, including Hall A, which has 5,012 seats, making it the biggest such hall in Asia. The plaza between the two buildings also hosts flea markets and antiques fairs, so do check the website for details.
Another feature of the Tokyo International Forum is its aspect as an art museum. 134 artworks by 50 artists from across the globe are displayed in the common spaces. These will add another dimension to your enjoyment of your visit.
- Marunouchi 3-5-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- 09:00 - 17:00 (open areas: 07:00 - 23:30)
- Tokyo City i Tourist Information Offices Tokyo City i
- JR EAST Travel Service Center(Tokyo Station) Tourist Information Offices JR EAST Travel Service Center(Tokyo Station)
- TIC TOKYO（Nihombashi exit side, at Marunouchi Trust Tower N building） Tourist Information Offices TIC TOKYO（Nihombashi exit side, at Marunouchi Trust Tower N building）
- Hotel New Otani Concierge Desk Tourist Information Offices Hotel New Otani Concierge Desk
- Tokyo Station Transport Facilities Tokyo Station
- Traditional Performing Arts Information Centre Traditional Arts Traditional Performing Arts Information Centre
- Bank of Japan Historical Architectures Bank of Japan
- JCII Camera Museum Museums JCII Camera Museum