Kamioka Castle (Kamioka-jo) was built in 1564 by Yamagata Masakage, who served under the 16th century daimyo Takeda Shingen. The castle was demolished at the end of the 17th century due to a law enacted by the ruling shogunate in Edo which stated that only one castle would be allowed per domain governed by a daimyo, but such things as stone fortresses remain as they were at the site of the castle. In 1970, the two-tiered, three-storied donjon was reconstructed. Arms and armour are displayed in the castle tower.
- Shirogaoka, Kamioka-cho, Hida-shi, Gifu
- Admission Fee
- 450 yen
- Dec. 1-Mar. 31
- [Walk]Kamioka Railway Hida-Kamioka Station/On foot/25 min.