Iga Ueno Castle (Iga Ueno-jo) was built in the latter half of the 16th century by Tsutsui Sadatsugu, who governed this region. It was subsequently restored by the daimyo Todo Takatora, an expert on castle building, who was the governor in the beginning of the 17th century. The five-tiered donjon collapsed in a hurricane in 1612, however, as it neared completion, and thus it became a castle without a donjon. The existing three-tiered donjon was built in 1935 and is an exhibition room displaying cultural exhibits.
- 106 Marunouchi,Ueno, Iga-shi, Mie
- Admission Fee
- 500 yen
- Dec. 29-31
- [Walk]Kintetsu Iga line Ueno-shi Station/On foot/5 min.