Mt. Takasaki Wild Monkey Park (高崎山自然動物園) is located in the west of the city, 20 min. by bus from JR Oita Sta. The area is the famous habitat of about 1,368 wild Japanese monkeys (as of January 2013) who live in a forest on the steep slope of Mt. Takasaki at a height of 628 m. You can watch their amusing antics in the feeding area.
- 3098-1 Kozaki, Oita-shi, Oita
- Admission Fee
- High school student and over 500 yen、elementary and middle school student 250 yen、kindergartner and under free. Elementary and Middle school students living in oita City: Free, Monkey Railway 100yen for round trip.
- [Parking] 100 parking spaces are available. (400yen for normal cars, 1000 for minibus and bus.)
- Oita City Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Oita City Tourist Information Center
- Oita Prefectural Art Museum (OPAM) Museums Oita Prefectural Art Museum (OPAM)
- Oita Christian Martyrs Memorial Park (oita-ken kirishitan jyunkyou kinen kouen) Japanese Gardens & Parks Oita Christian Martyrs Memorial Park (oita-ken kirishitan jyunkyou kinen kouen)
- Oita-shi Bijutsukan Museums Oita-shi Bijutsukan
- Umitamago (Oita Marine Palace Aquarium) Zoological & Botanical Gardens, Aquariums Umitamago (Oita Marine Palace Aquarium)
- Oita Stadium "Big Eye" (Daigin dome) Sports Facilities Oita Stadium "Big Eye" (Daigin dome)
- Dplaza (Shinkawa Bus Center) Places for Shopping Dplaza (Shinkawa Bus Center)
- JR Oita station Transport Facilities JR Oita station