Many railways, including Tokaido Shinkansen Line, are concentrated here.
There are also many bus lines, expanding the joy of travel.
The station opened in 1877 with the laying of a railway connected to Kobe Station in Hyogo Prefecture. This route was the second to open in Japan following a railway connecting Shinbashi Station in Tokyo and Yokohama Station in Kanagawa Prefecture. Since then, with rapid modernization, Kyoto Station has grown and developed into one of the largest terminal stations in the Kansai Region.
At present, all of Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen bullet trains that connect Tokyo Station to Hakata Station in Kyushu stop at Kyoto Station. Many JR local lines are available, and Kyoto Station for Kintetsu lines and Kyoto Station for Kyoto City Subway lines are also attached. Therefore, people can go to various places from the station, such as the Hokuriku area including Fukui Prefecture and Toyama Prefecture, the Nanki area, including Mie Prefecture and Wakayama Prefecture, and Kansai International Airport, as well as places in Kyoto Prefecture and neighboring prefectures. Moreover, various bus routes arrive and depart in front of Kyoto Station so it is appropriate as a tourist site representing Japan. In the area where the public transportation system has developed in this manner, it is also one of the joys of travel to seek a method of efficiently touring destinations while looking at route maps and timetables.
- Karasumadori-Shiokoji-Sagaru-Higashi-siokoji-cho, Simogyo-ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto
- 0570-00-2486 (JR West Customer Center JR)
- Kyoto Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Kyoto Tourist Information Center
- Daimonji Gozan Okuribi Festivals & Ceremonies Daimonji Gozan Okuribi
- Kyoto station tourist information center Tourist Information Offices Kyoto station tourist information center
- kotochika kyoto station Tourist information center Tourist Information Offices kotochika kyoto station Tourist information center
- To-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches To-ji Temple
- Kyosendo Handicrafts Kyosendo
- Toh-shiya (Archery Contest) Festivals & Ceremonies Toh-shiya (Archery Contest)
- Kyoto Aquarium Zoological & Botanical Gardens, Aquariums Kyoto Aquarium