This movie theme park is situated in Toei’s Kyoto Studio where many Japanese movies have been produced. You can fully enjoy Japanese period dramas and culture. Walk through cityscape sets used in movies, perhaps an inn town or mill hut, pop in at an exciting haunted house or take a break at a retro caf … enjoy various events including swordfight shows from period dramas, photo sessions with actors and character shows and swordfight classes. The most popular corner is the “Historical Costume Disguise Corner” where you can become the period drama star you always yearned to be with the help of professional makeup artists and costume specialists. If you want a more casual disguise, why not go to the “Disguise Photo Corner” where you can wear a period drama costume over your own clothes. There are about 30 choices including a princess, Oiran, or courtesan, Maiko, a young geisha girl or Lordship ShinsenGumi or a widely known group of samurai warriors in Kyoto, to Ninja.
- 10, Hashi-hachgaoka-cho, Uzumasa, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
- Vary according to the season.
- Jan.17-21,2014 / Jan.16-20,2015 / Jan.15-19,2016
- [Walk]Five-min walk from Keifuku Uzumasa Koryuji Station on the Keifuku Densha Arashiyama Line
- Orinasukan Museums Orinasukan
- Ryoan-ji Hojo Temple Garden Japanese Gardens & Parks Ryoan-ji Hojo Temple Garden
- Myoshin-ji Temple/Taizo-in Temple/Keishun-in Temple/Daishin-in Temple Japanese Gardens & Parks Myoshin-ji Temple/Taizo-in Temple/Keishun-in Temple/Daishin-in Temple
- Kinkaku-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Kinkaku-ji Temple
- Ninna-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Ninna-ji Temple
- Koryu-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Koryu-ji Temple
- Kitano Tenman-gu Shrine Shrines, Temples & Churches Kitano Tenman-gu Shrine
- Kyoto Furitsu Domoto-Insho Bijutsukan (Art Museum) Museums Kyoto Furitsu Domoto-Insho Bijutsukan (Art Museum)