At the foot of Mt. Fuji, enjoy the world-class thrilling rides
Fuji-Q Highland is an amusement park at the foot of Mt. Fuji. The park is popular for having many intense thrilling rides including the three major roller coasters; “Fujiyama,” “Dodonpa” and “Eejanaika.”
As the name suggests; “Fujiyama” is a magnificent towering white roller coaster that impresses visitors with its appearance. It is the symbolic attraction of Fuji-Q Highland with the world-class records such as the maximum speed of 130 km/h, the maximum drop of 70 meters and the height of 79 meters. It enjoys enormous popularity since its opening in 1996.
Five years later, a large-sized roller coaster “Dodonpa” was opened in 2001. The explosive accelerating force is its appeal. It reaches to the maximum speed of 172 km/h in just 1.8 seconds. It was the fastest in the world at the time of its opening, and it was recognized in the Guinness Book of World Records. It also features the tower which enables a near-vertical climb and straight drop.
Again, five years later, “Eejanaika” was opened in 2006. Fuji-Q Highland builds a large-sized roller coaster every five years in order to make a new Guinness World Record. With the record of 14 inverted spins, “Eejanaika” holds the Guinness World Record. With all the twists, turns and drops from heights of 76 meters, the passengers fall into the state of losing their sense of direction.
In addition, there are various ingenious attractions such as “Super Scary Labyrinth of Fear 4.0 (haunted hospital)” which is about one-hour tour of an old hospital, and a pavilion, opened in the spring of 2011, in which visitors can enjoy the world of “Evangelion.” These attractions get visitors’ adrenaline rush.
In winter, one of the largest ice skate links in the world opens. It is a leisure facility where visitors can enjoy throughout the year.
- 5-6-1, Shin-Nishihara, Fujiyoshida-shi, Yamanashi
- Admission Fee
- 1,300 yen
- From Tokyo:[Rail]About 15 min by JR Chuo Line from Tokyo Station to Shinjuku Station, about 1 hour by JR limited express from Shinjuku Station to Otsuki Station, 1 hour by Fuji Kyuko Line from Otsuki Station to Fuji-Q Highland Station[Bus]About 1 hour 40 min by Highway Bus from Shinjuku Station
[Rail] About 15 min by JR Chuo Line from Tokyo Station to Shinjuku Station, about 1 hour by JR limited express from Shinjuku Station to Otsuki Station, 1 hour by Fuji Kyuko Line from Otsuki Station to Fuji-Q Highland Station
[Bus] About 1 hour 40 min by Highway Bus from Shinjuku Station
- YAMANAKAKO Informetion Center Tourist Information Offices YAMANAKAKO Informetion Center
- Fujiyoshida Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Fujiyoshida Tourist Information Center
- Chuo Expressway Dangozaka Service Area East Bound Area Concierge Tourist Information Offices Chuo Expressway Dangozaka Service Area East Bound Area Concierge
- Chuo Express EXPASA Dangozaka West Bound Area Concierge Tourist Information Offices Chuo Express EXPASA Dangozaka West Bound Area Concierge
- Yamanashi Prefectural Fuji Visitor Center Tourist Information Offices Yamanashi Prefectural Fuji Visitor Center
- Mt.Fuji information Tourist Information Offices Mt.Fuji information
- Fujikawaguchiko Tourist Information Tourist Information Offices Fujikawaguchiko Tourist Information
- Kawaguchiko Musekan (museum) Museums Kawaguchiko Musekan (museum)