Commanding a view of the coastal line along Sagami Bay in Kamakura with many historic landmarks
Situated in the southeast of Kanagawa Prefecture, Kamakura is a sightseeing spot famous for a large number of historic landmarks including old temples/shrines and Big Buddha, but Yuigahama facing Sagami Bay is also highly recommended.
In 1884, Medical Doctor Nagayo Sensai introduced Yuigahama as the best place for sea bathing. Since then, the place has been widely known as a bathing beach and loved by many people. In addition to bathing and marine sports in summer you can enjoy beach landscapes such as sunset glow in other seasons as well. Nearby Yuigahama Dori lined with various restaurants from traditional to modern is a good place for gourmets.
Kamakura Kaihin Park that consists of three parts of Yuigayama, Inamuragasaki and Sakanoshita, faces the coast lines of Yuigahama and Inamuragasaki, commanding a view over the mountains of the Izu Peninsula. The Yuigahama part of the park exhibits an old train of Enoshima Dentetsu that was active for 50 years. With a superb outlook, the park is a good place for relaxed time on the glass while looking at people enjoying windsurfing offshore.
- Yuigahama, Kamakura, Kanagawa
- 0235-62-4727(Kamakura City Office)
- Zeniarai Benten Shrine Shrines, Temples & Churches Zeniarai Benten Shrine
- Kamakura Daibutsu Shrines, Temples & Churches Kamakura Daibutsu
- Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine Shrines, Temples & Churches Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine
- Kamakura Festival Festivals & Ceremonies Kamakura Festival
- Reitaisai Festivals & Ceremonies Reitaisai
- Kamakura Komachi-dori Street Cityscapes Kamakura Komachi-dori Street
- Kamakura-bori carving Look for Traditional Crafts Kamakura-bori carving
- Hase-dera Temple (Kanagawa) Shrines, Temples & Churches Hase-dera Temple (Kanagawa)