Due to the renovation work, The Museum of Modern Art, Shiga is closed from April 1, 2017 to March, 2020.
The collection at Shiga Kenritsu Kindai Bijutsukan holds works of modern art, focusing on the United States. These include works by Andy Warhol, the standard bearer of pop art, and the powerful “new sculptor” George Segal. Another integral part of this collection is modern Japanese-style painting, including works by artists who contributed to the golden age of Japanese-style painting in the first half of the 20th century. These works include the historical paintings of Yukihiko Yasuda, based on ancient classics of China and Japan, and the realistic paintings of Gyoshu Hayami. In the garden is Calders Flamingo, with Biwa-ko, Japan’s biggest lake, forming the backdrop for those gazing out from the museum’s interior.’
- 1740-1 Setaminami-Ogaya-cho, Otsu-shi, Shiga
- Admission Fee
- 450 yen (permanent exhibition)
- Mondays (if the Monday is a national holiday, the following weekday), New Years holidays'
- [Bus]JR Seta Stn./Bus/10-min. ride/Bunka Zone-mae Stop/5-min. walk.
- Katata Station Visitor's Information Center Tourist Information Offices Katata Station Visitor's Information Center
- Otsu Station Visitor's Information Center Tourist Information Offices Otsu Station Visitor's Information Center
- Otsu City Tourist Information Office(Ishiyama Station) Tourist Information Offices Otsu City Tourist Information Office(Ishiyama Station)
- Hama-Otsu Cityscapes Hama-Otsu
- Ishiyama-dera Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Ishiyama-dera Temple
- Mii-dera Temple (Onjo-ji Temple) Shrines, Temples & Churches Mii-dera Temple (Onjo-ji Temple)
- Shiga-in-teien Garden Japanese Gardens & Parks Shiga-in-teien Garden