Hokkaidoritsu Hakodate Bijutukan is located in Goryokaku, a pentagonal fortress which is designated a Special Historic Monument by the Japanese government. The museum has worked actively to assemble a collection that includes works by artists like Matsusaburo Yokoyama and Miematsu Tanabe, both with connections to the southern region of Hokkaido. A number of modern Western sculptures are on display both inside and outside the building, including works by Rodin, Bourdelle and Renoir. There is also an Otei Kinenshitsu (Otei Memorial Room), primarily housing works created and collected by Otei Kaneko, a calligrapher of this region. The museum also exhibits Western paintings, works of calligraphy and ceramics.
- 37-6 Goryokaku-cho, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido
- Admission Fee
- 170 yen (permanent exhibition)
- Mondays, New Years holidays, maintenance period'
- [Rail]JR Hakodate Stn./1-min. walk/Hakodate ekimae Stn./Hakodate Shiden (street car)/18-min. ride/Goryokaku-koen-mae Stn./7-min. walk
- Hakodate Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Hakodate Tourist Information Center
- Onuma International Communication Plaza Tourist Information Offices Onuma International Communication Plaza
- Hakodate Airport Information （Domestic Terminal Arrival Lobby) Tourist Information Offices Hakodate Airport Information （Domestic Terminal Arrival Lobby)
- Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse Historical Architectures Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse
- Old Public Hall of Hakodate Ward Historical Architectures Old Public Hall of Hakodate Ward