A hot spring theme park with a full lineup of unique-style baths
Hakone Kowakien Yunessun is a hot spa leisure facility in the center of Hakone, a representative hot spring resort in Japan. It is aptly described as a “Hot spring theme park,” and numerous unique baths please couples and families. The facility is divided into zones to be entered with bathing suits on and zones to be entered without any clothes on. The main facility of the amusement zone where you wear a bathing suit is the God’s Aegean Sea, which is a large-sized spa.
There are also many numerous humorous-style baths, including Wine Spa, where there is a huge wine bottle 3.6 m tall and you can enjoy the rich aroma, Green Tea Spa containing rich catechins, Coffee Spa, which contains coffee extracted from coffee nibs using the drip method in the relatively low temperature of hot springs, and Japanese Sake Spa, where real Japanese sake constantly drips into the bathtub from a huge cask. If you are lucky, you can get coffee poured on your head in the regular performances of adding coffee into the bathtub a few times a day. A special recommendation for women is foot bathing with doctor fish, which nibble away at old dead cells from the skin.
The cypress bath and open-air baths in the no-clothes zone are definitely high quality, as you can expect from a hot spring in Hakone. You can spend a relaxing time by looking at the mountains of Hakone.
- 1297 Ninotaira Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa
- YUNESSUN 09:00-19:00(March-October), 09:00-18:00 (November-February ); MORI NO YU 09:00-21:00
- Admission Fee
- 3600 (Adults), 1800 (3 years old-elementary school age) and 2000 (60 years old and older)
- No scheduled holidays
- HakoneTotal Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices HakoneTotal Tourist Information Center
- Gora Hot Springs Gora
- Hakone Daimyo Gyoretsu Festivals & Ceremonies Hakone Daimyo Gyoretsu
- The Hakone Open Air Museum Museums The Hakone Open Air Museum
- Hakone Yumoto-onsen Hot Spring Hot Springs Hakone Yumoto-onsen Hot Spring