A giant amusement town connected to Kansai International Airport. Food, shopping, leisure, beauty, and lodging, everything can be found there!
Kansai International Airport, which was completed in 1994, lies 38 kilometers southwest of Osaka City on a manmade island. At the same time, a large area that connects the opposite bank with the airport island was developed, and one giant town was born which is now home to hotels, a hospital, a shopping center, and office buildings. It is called Rinku Town.
The town is divided into various zones for such uses as commerce, distribution and manufacturing, housing, airport related activities, and as an industrial park. However, the amusement component is quite strong, and it is the commerce zone that has given the town its unique image and charm. The landmark for this zone, as well as Rinku Town itself, is the 56-story Rinku Gate Tower Building, which boasts of being the second tallest building in Japan. In addition to a hotel, it houses other facilities such as intelligent offices, international meeting halls and a fitness club. On the 54th floor of the hotel is a restaurant that offers a magnificent view, but the beer garden on the 28th floor, some 130 meters above ground – the highest beer garden in Japan – is also quite a popular place for fun during the summer season.
For more food and drink, visit the Rinku Papilio that offers everything from fast food to traditional Japanese fare, and also has karaoke shops, a bookstore, a post office, and other facilities. At the Rinku Pleasure Town, there is a popular kid’s theme park where children can dream and experience the joy of making things. In addition, a premium outlet center opened recently that includes about 150 famous brand name shops, allowing for even more shopping enjoyment. At the Kansai Airport Washington Hotel is the Rinku Contemporary Art Space (RCAS), where works that received awards at the Osaka Triennale International Contemporary Art Competition, are put on display.
Rinku-koen Park is situated in a splendid location facing the sea. A long, pure-white beach spreads out along the coast. The park also has a marvelous rock garden where there seems to be a competition among the flowers that bloom throughout the four seasons. The area is lit up during the summer season, and illuminated with Christmas decorations each winter.
- [Rail]5 min from Nankai/JR Kansai Airport Station to Rinku Town Station by Nankai Airport Line or JR Kansai Airport Line.
[Rail]From Osaka Station, it takes 44 min to Tennoji Station by JR Loop Line and then to Rinku Town Station by JR Hanwa Line, Kansai Airport Rapid Service.
[Rail]From Nankai Namba Station, it takes 35 min to Rinku Town Station by Nankai Line, Airport Express.
- Tomb of Emperor Nintoku Archaeological Sites & Ruins Tomb of Emperor Nintoku
- KANSAI TOURIST INFORMATION CENTER KANSAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT Tourist Information Offices KANSAI TOURIST INFORMATION CENTER KANSAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Izumisano Tourist Information Center "Rinku-Machidokoro" Tourist Information Offices Izumisano Tourist Information Center "Rinku-Machidokoro"
- Daisen Park Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Daisen Park Tourist Information Center
- Sakai Station Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Sakai Station Tourist Information Center
- Sakai higashi Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Sakai higashi Tourist Information Center
- Kishiwada Castle Castles Kishiwada Castle