The first convention center in Japan
World-class events, such as Tokyo Game Show, are held
Makuhari Messe opened in 1989 as the first full-scale convention hall in Japan. It consists of four buildings-two International Exhibition Halls, Event Hall, and International Conference Hall-on a 210,000 square meters site. The International Conference Hall has 22 conference rooms, the Makuhari Event Hall accommodates 9,000 people, and the Northern International Exhibition Hall is the largest one in Japan (35 m high ceiling spanning 9,000 square meters). Various international conferences and trade shows are held there. Many big events related to computers or electronics.are also held, and Tokyo Game Show, which has become famous throughout the world, and Tokyo Auto Salon, featuring tuned and modified cars, have also been held there in recent years.
Within the facility, there are restaurants, shops, coin-operated lockers, ATMs, fax machines, and coin-operated copiers. People can receive various services. You can check the event schedule on Makuhari Messe’s website in advance to find an interesting event. It is also possible to see only the facility, but you need to inquire in advance.
- 2-1 Nakase, Mihama-ku, Chiba City, Chiba
- No holidays
- Chiba City Makuhari Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Chiba City Makuhari Tourist Information Center
- Chiba City Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Chiba City Tourist Information Center
- SUMMER SONIC (Chiba) Events SUMMER SONIC (Chiba)
- Chiba Kenritsu Bijutsukan (Art Museum) Museums Chiba Kenritsu Bijutsukan (Art Museum)
- Makuhari Industrial Districts Makuhari