Nakamura Castle (Nakamura-jo) was supposedly built by the daimyo Ichijo Norifusa, who came to this region after escaping the vortex of war in 1468. The site of a previous castle was used. It was renovated in 1613 but was demolished in accordance with the order issued in 1615 by the Edo shogunate which required that each domain should only be allowed one castle. The present donjon was built in 1965. Information relating to the history of this region is exhibited inside.
- Marunouchi, Shimanto-shi, Kochi
- Admission Fee
- 310 yen
- Dec. 31-Jan. 1
- [Walk]JR Nakamura Station/On foot/30 min.