Kitsuki Castle (Kitsuki-jo) stands on top of a plateau roughly 30m high overlooking Morie Bay, east of the city of Kitsuki in Oita Prefecture. It is also known as the “prostrating cow” castle because the landscape surrounded by the sea and cliff looks like a cow prostrating on the ground. The castle is believed to have been originally built in 1394 by Lord Kitsuki Yorinao, the present three-tiered donjon was reconstructed in 1970. Information relating to the castle is exhibited inside the donjon. There is also a corner where visitors can try on a suit of armor that was worn by samurai 200 years ago.
- 16-1 Oaza Kitsuki, Kitsuki-shi, Oita
- Operation hours 9：00 - 17：00（Admission is until16：30）
- Admission Fee
- Adult; 300 yen
Elementary and Middle school student; 150 yen
- 12/29 - 12/31
- [Parking] 100 parking spaces are available for free.
- Kumano-magai-butsu Archaeological Sites & Ruins Kumano-magai-butsu
- Oita Prefectural Museum of History Museums Oita Prefectural Museum of History
- "Showa no Machi" in Bungo Takada Historic Towns "Showa no Machi" in Bungo Takada
- Myoban Onsen Hot Springs Myoban Onsen
- Fuki-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Fuki-ji Temple
- Kyushu Natural Zoological Park "African Safari" Zoological & Botanical Gardens, Aquariums Kyushu Natural Zoological Park "African Safari"
- Oita Airport Transport Facilities Oita Airport
- Usa Shrine Shrines, Temples & Churches Usa Shrine