Aya Castle (Aya-jo) is believed to have been built in the first half of the 14th century. It came to be called Aya Castle as the person who built this castle identified himself as Aya. It was abandoned because of an order issued in the first half of the 17th century by the Edo shogunate which restricted domains to only one castle each. The present three-storied castle tower was built in 1985. It houses a historical reference museum that exhibits armour worn by samurai in battle, swords, and ancient documents related to the castle.
- 1012 Kitamata, Aya-cho, Higashi-morokata, Miyazaki
- Admission Fee
- 350 yen
- New Years holidays'
- [Bus]JR Minami-Miyazaki Station/Bus/1 hr./Aya-Machiaiba Bus Stop/On foot/20 min.