The most popular nightspot in Tokyo "Roppongi / Akasaka." "Roppongi Hills" -one day is not enough to take it all in!
The Roppongi district is filled with popular nightspots packed with visitors from abroad. There are also many international restaurants, so it should be easy to find something to suit your taste. Two popular attractions in Roppongi are Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown. On the 53rd and uppermost floor of Roppongi Hills, you will find contemporary art exhibited in the Mori Art Museum, and on the 52nd floor is Tokyo City View where the glass-walled observatory offers a stunning 360-degree view of the city, particularly impressive at night. Tokyo Midtown has art venues, such as the Suntory Museum of Art, and a large garden. Both Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Midtown have many restaurants, brand name shops and hotels offering various kinds of entertainment.
The Akasaka district has many first-class hotels and foreign embassies. It is another famous nightspot like Roppongi, however, Akasaka is characterized by its exclusive clubs and excellent Japanese restaurants. There are many faces to Akasaka: its political face as home to the Diet Building and the Prime Minister's Official Residence; and its face as a business area with TBS Broadcast Center (nicknamed "Big Hat") as a central figure, to name just two. At the same time, Akasaka is also a pleasant place to walk around and visit some historical sites typical of Tokyo, such as Hie-jinja and Akasaka Toyokawa-inari shrines.
[Roppongi] 5 min from Tokyo to Kasumigaseki Station by Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line, and 5 min from Kasumigaseki to Roppongi Station by Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line.
[Akasaka] 10 min from Tokyo to Akasakamitsuke Station by Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line.
[Air] 1h from Itami or 1h 10 min from Kansai International Airport to Haneda Airport.
[Rail] 2h 30 min from Shin-Osaka to Tokyo Station by JR Tokaido Shinkansen Line (Nozomi).
[Air] 1h from Narita Airport to Tokyo Station by JR Narita Express Line.
Around the Roppongi/Akasaka Area
- Sanno Matsuri Festivals & Ceremonies Sanno Matsuri
- Hie-jinja Shrine Shrines, Temples & Churches Hie-jinja Shrine
- Suntory Museum of Art Museums Suntory Museum of Art
- The National Art Center, Tokyo Museums The National Art Center, Tokyo
- Mori Arts Center Gallery/Mori Art Museum Museums Mori Arts Center Gallery/Mori Art Museum
- 21_21 Design Sight Museums 21_21 Design Sight
- Tokyo International Film Festival Events Tokyo International Film Festival
More on the Roppongi/Akasaka Area
- Roppongi Hills Roppongi Hills
- Tokyo Midtown Tokyo Midtown
- Golden Route:Departure from Tokyo Golden Route:Departure from Tokyo
- Fun restaurants in Japan Fun restaurants in Japan
- Free Wi-Fi spots are increasing throughout Japan! Free Wi-Fi spots are increasing throughout Japan!
- Hot places to shop in the year-end and New Year holidays Hot places to shop in the year-end and New Year holidays
- Illuminations around Japan in 2012 Illuminations around Japan in 2012