Flying directly to the metropolis from worldwide destinations has become a reality thanks to the development of Haneda, Tokyo's city airport.
Once a designated domestic hub, Haneda Airport has branched out into international flights meaning, visitors can be in the bustling city of Tokyo within half an hour of leaving the terminal.
For more information: Haneda Airport International Terminal Official website
The Tokyo Monorail glides in and out of Haneda Airport and central Tokyo in around 15 minutes. The monorail's final stop is Hamamatsucho on the Yamanote Line, which circles the city allowing you convenient access to make your onward journey.
For more information: Tokyo Monorail Guide | Train Schedule
If you prefer your train tracks attached on firm ground, the Keikyu Line shuttles in and out of the airport reaching the centrally located Shinagawa Station in just over ten minutes.
For more information: Haneda Airport International Terminal | Trains and Monorails
Keikyu Limousine and Airport Limousine buses are also available to take you to Tokyo and beyond.
Servicing a vast network of routes across the metropolitan area, you will be able to travel to major hotel destinations, sightseeing areas, and other transport hubs with ease.
For more information: Haneda Airport International Terminal | Buses
Conveniently placed taxi ranks with flat rate taxi fares available are another option for you and your suitcases.
For more information: Haneda Airport International Terminal | Taxis
Tourist Information Center
- Drop by the Keikyu Tourist Information Center located in the arrival lobby of the International Terminal.
- Office Hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. every day, all year-round.
- It is staffed by multilingual staff.
- Japanese public transport, stores and restaurants are legally forbidden to accept foreign currencies, so you will need small amounts of currency in yen for your immediate needs. If you have foreign bank notes other than U.S. dollars, it is wise to convert some of them to yen while at the airport.
- Traveller's Checks can be cashed quickly at banks, but only a few stores and restaurants accept them.
- Unused yen (bank notes only, no coins) can be reconverted at the airport with no limitation, provided the exchange center has sufficient funds for re-conversion.
- There are six banks that handle currency exchange at the terminal, with one or more open for 24 hours.
Japan Rail Pass
- Obtain your Japan Rail Pass by exchanging your Exchange Order at the airport's JR East Travel Service Center located on the 2nd floor at the Tokyo Monorail station entrance.
- It is open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- The date of validation of your pass can be any day within 3 months of the issuing date of your Exchange Order. You can use the pass for the Tokyo Monorail.
- Make your journey easier by using the luggage delivery system, and have your bags delivered directly to your hotel.
For more information: Haneda Airport International Terminal | Luggage Delivery
- Take advantage of Haneda Airport's free Wi-Fi system and let friends and family know you have arrived in Tokyo.
Haneda Airport's free Wi-Fi