A theme park all about space - so much to do, one day won't be enough
Space World is a theme park all about space, where just looking up at the life-size replica of a space shuttle that towers over its surroundings is enough to make the heart beat faster. There are more than 30 attractions that will entertain and educate children and adults alike. Each one has its own appeal, giving visitors a taste of the romance of endless space and the yearning to explore it.
Particularly highly recommended are the Galaxy Theater, an IMAX theater where images are projected onto an enormous screen seven stories high, the 3D Planetarium, where you can experience the feeling that you have traveled to the farthest corners of the cosmos, the Black Hole Scramble, a high-speed white-knuckle ride through pitch-black space, and Zaturn, where you’ll scream at the top of your voice as you twist and turn through angles of up to 89°. In addition, you’ll get spectacular views from the Space Eye, a 100m-high Ferris wheel that’s the largest in Kyushu. In particular, if you go on at night, you’ll see the lights of Kitakyushu twinkling below you, giving you the magical feeling of being up among the stars.
There are many space-themed items in the park’s shops and restaurants, too. The official Space Curry and Taberu-koso edible enzymes developed for astronauts and accredited by JAXA, the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, are also on sale, and make very popular souvenirs.
- 4-1-1 Higashida, Yahatahigashi-ku, Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka
- 10:00-21:00 (may vary depending on day of the week and season of the year)
- Admission Fee
- 1-day pass: 4,200 (adults ), 3,150 (elementary school students ), 1,050 (under 4 years old ), 2,100 (60 years old and over )
- No fixed holidays
- Kita-Kyushu City Tourist Information Corner Tourist Information Offices Kita-Kyushu City Tourist Information Corner
- Tourist Information Center(Kokura Station) Tourist Information Offices Tourist Information Center(Kokura Station)
- Mojiko Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Mojiko Tourist Information Center
- Tourist Information Center(Kita-Kyushu Airport) Tourist Information Offices Tourist Information Center(Kita-Kyushu Airport)
- Kitakyushu Museum of Natural History and Human History Museums Kitakyushu Museum of Natural History and Human History
- Moji Port Retro Area Historic Towns Moji Port Retro Area
- Kita Kyushu Shiritsu Bijutsukan Museums Kita Kyushu Shiritsu Bijutsukan
- Kokura Castle Castles Kokura Castle