Oku-Bungo Olle course is one of the most popular Olle courses in Kyushu. The course starts at the Asaji station in Bungo-Ono city, finishes at Taketa Hot Spring Hanamizuki. The course is a 12km long, dotted with historical sites and natural beauty such as Oka castle ruins, Yujyaku Park, stone Buddha at Fuko-ji temple and geographically precious “pillar river bed” at Sokawa, to mention a few. Taking the hot spring after the walk is the best way to unwind.
- Olle is originated in Jeju, Korea. It is a Korean style walking in the countryside and has become popular in Kyushu where 15 courses have been officially certified.
Course distance: 12 km
Standard duration: 4 hours
Tip: Recommended to take something to drink and eat with you since there will be almost no restaurants and shops along the course
- Guernsey Farm Industrial Tourism Guernsey Farm
- Hidden Christians and the ruins Shrines, Temples & Churches Hidden Christians and the ruins
- Nagayu Hot Springs Hot Springs Nagayu Hot Springs
- Kuju Winery Industrial Tourism Kuju Winery
- Taketa Hot spring Hanamizuki Taketa Hot spring Hanamizuki
- Oka Castle Ruins Archaeological Sites & Ruins Oka Castle Ruins
- Bamboo Lantern Festival Festivals & Ceremonies Bamboo Lantern Festival
- Kuju Flower Park Japanese Gardens & Parks, Explore National Parks Kuju Flower Park