Water running down the dam surface forms a beautiful water screen. Because of its elegant looking, the dam has been frequently used as TV and poster adverts location. The dam was built in 1938, and has been designated as a national cultural important property. Being barely accessible by public transportation, visiting there adds further value to the travelers.
From Bungo Taketa Station:
Approximately 25 minutes by car from Bungo Taketa station. Not accessible by long vehicles including buses.
- Guernsey Farm Industrial Tourism Guernsey Farm
- Hidden Christians and the ruins Shrines, Temples & Churches Hidden Christians and the ruins
- Nagayu Hot Springs Hot Springs Nagayu Hot Springs
- Kuju Winery Industrial Tourism Kuju Winery
- Taketa Hot spring Hanamizuki Taketa Hot spring Hanamizuki
- Oka Castle Ruins Archaeological Sites & Ruins Oka Castle Ruins
- Bamboo Lantern Festival Festivals & Ceremonies Bamboo Lantern Festival
- Kuju Flower Park Japanese Gardens & Parks, Explore National Parks Kuju Flower Park