Due to the renovation work, Kyoto Prefectural Insho-Domoto Museum of Fine Arts is closed from January, 2017 to Spring, 2018.
Kyoto Prefectural Insho-Domoto Museum of Fine Arts is located near Ritsumeikan University in the northern part of the city of Kyoto. Built in accordance with a concept originated by Insho Domoto, himself a Japanese-style painter, the museum opened in 1966. Domoto designed the entire facility, from the white outer walls and unique exterior of the building to the interior decoration. In 1991 the museum and all its collections were donated to the present administrators, Kyoto Prefecture. About 2,000 items, including Japanese paintings and ceramic arts and sculptures produced by Domoto from his early days through to his later years, are housed at the museum.
- 26-3 Hirano Kamiyanagi-cho, Kita-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
- Admission Fee
- 500 yen
- Mondays (if the Monday is a national holiday, the following weekday), New Years holidays, maintenance period'
- [Bus]JR Kyoto Stn./Bus/40-min. ride/Ritsumeikan Univ. mae Stop/1-min. walk
- Orinasukan Museums Orinasukan
- Toei Kyoto Studio Park Theme Parks Toei Kyoto Studio Park
- Ryoan-ji Hojo Temple Garden Japanese Gardens & Parks Ryoan-ji Hojo Temple Garden
- Myoshin-ji Temple/Taizo-in Temple/Keishun-in Temple/Daishin-in Temple Japanese Gardens & Parks Myoshin-ji Temple/Taizo-in Temple/Keishun-in Temple/Daishin-in Temple
- Kinkaku-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Kinkaku-ji Temple
- Ninna-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Ninna-ji Temple
- Koryu-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Koryu-ji Temple
- Kitano Tenman-gu Shrine Shrines, Temples & Churches Kitano Tenman-gu Shrine