Beach bathing was re-started in 1986. 10 people can bathe at once. A group of friends and family can enjoy the sand bath together. You will have a unique, relaxing experience in the sand bath. Ease your muscles by sinking in the warm sand while gazing over the vast, blue ocean. But don’t forget your camera! The staff will be happy to take a picture of you buried in the sand under a personal-it will make a great souvenir to remember your trip by.
- Shoningahama, Beppu-shi, Oita
- April to October 8:30 - 18:00（Reception is open until 17:00）
November to March 9:00 - 17:00（Reception is open until 16:00）
※Reception may close earlier depending on how crowded it is.
- Admission Fee
- 1,000 yen for bathing
- Fourth Wednesday s (If it is a holiday it will be closed the next day)
- [Parking] 10 parking spaces are available.
- Beppu Foreign Tourist Office Tourist Information Offices Beppu Foreign Tourist Office
- Beppu Bamboo Basketry Learn about Traditional Crafts Beppu Bamboo Basketry
- Beppu Christmas HANABI Fantasia Festivals & Ceremonies Beppu Christmas HANABI Fantasia
- Takegawa Hot Springs Hot Springs Takegawa Hot Springs
- Jigoku meguri Hot Springs Jigoku meguri
- Hyotan Hot Springs Hot Springs Hyotan Hot Springs
- Beacon Plaza Commercial Complexes & Observation Towers Beacon Plaza
- Lake Shidaka-ko Scenic Landscapes Lake Shidaka-ko