Located in the center of Japan, Aichi is a base for flourishing industries, art and culture, and is also blessed with the beauty of nature.
Aichi is situated in the center of Japan and is roughly divided into a mountainous, hilly area and a plain. It has been a pivotal point for traffic between western and eastern Japan, and has flourished as a base for industries for centuries. The major industries of the prefecture are the ceramics in Seto and Tokoname, the automobile manufacturing in Toyota, and the woolen textile industry in Ichinomiya.
The City of Nagoya is the center of politics, economics and culture of Aichi Prefecture. The city has Nagoya Castle, noted for the golden pair of “shachis”, or the imaginary animals like fish with the head of the tiger, on top of the roof, and Atsuta Jingu Shrine with a history of 1,900 years. A national treasure, Inuyama Castle, stands in Inuyama City 30 minutes away from Nagoya by train.
You can explore many wonderful sightseeing spots in Aichi. Above all, the popular destinations for tourists are, for example, Mikawa Bay Quasi-National Park, Hida-Kiso River Quasi-National Park, Tenryu-Okumikawa Quasi-National Park,Aichi Kogen Quasi-National Park, Atsumi-hanto Peninsula Prefectural Park, the Korankei Valley and the Gamagori and the Minamichita Hot Spring resorts.
We also have various peculiar festivals. The most famous ones are the Hadaka-matsuri Festival, or naked festival, dates back over 1,200 years in Owari-Konomiya in Inazawa City, and the Hana-matsuri, or Flower Festival (ritual Sinto art) in Oku-Mikawa region. Both are held in winter.
1h45min to Nagoya Station by JR Tokaido Shinkansen Line.
1h from Shin-Osaka to Nagoya Station by Shinkansen.
Things to Do
Aichi's Cities & Regions
- Central Nagoya Area Central Nagoya Area
- Eastern Nagoya Area Eastern Nagoya Area
- Southern Nagoya Area Southern Nagoya Area
- Inuyama Area Inuyama Area
- Mikawa Bay Area Mikawa Bay Area
- Mt. Horai-ji-san Area Mt. Horai-ji-san Area
- Seto/Nagakute Area Seto/Nagakute Area
- Yuya/Asuke Area Yuya/Asuke Area
- Mikawa Area Mikawa Area
More on Aichi Pref.
- Nagoya Convention Bureau Nagoya Convention Bureau
- Gamagori City Official Guide Gamagori City Official Guide
- Welcome to Central Japan Welcome to Central Japan
- Craftsmanship IN JAPAN Craftsmanship IN JAPAN
- The Road Through Aichi and Nagoya's Heartland The Road Through Aichi and Nagoya's Heartland
- Aichi Prefectural Tourist Association Aichi Prefectural Tourist Association
- Nagoya & Vicinity [PDF] Nagoya & Vicinity [PDF]
- 3-Day Sample Travel Plan 3-Day Sample Travel Plan
- Golden Route:Departure from Osaka Golden Route:Departure from Osaka
- Museum Meiji-Mura Museum Meiji-Mura
- The Tokugawa Art Museum The Tokugawa Art Museum
- Atsuta Shrine Atsuta Shrine
- Toyota Automobile museum Toyota Automobile museum
- Special Essence of Japan's Art & Culture:MATSURI Special Essence of Japan's Art & Culture:MATSURI
- Local Cuisine of the Tokai Region Local Cuisine of the Tokai Region