Matsuura (Matsuura City, Nagasaki Pref.)
A city replete with history and a natural environment, featuring cuisine and participation-type tourism programs
- (Mar. - May)
- (Jun. - Aug.)
- (Sept. - Nov.)
- (Dec. - Feb.)
- : Culture
- : Gourmet
- : Relaxation
- : Shopping
- : Scenery
- : Convenience
- Taka Island Mongol Village
Here you will find gel brought all the way from Mongolia (gel: mobile tents used as residences on the grassy plains in Mongolia) and a Mongolian hot springs center.
- Kajiya Castle Site
It is thought that this structure was constructed in the Heian Period (794 - 1185AD.) as the stronghold of the Matsuura clan. There is a great view of the ocean, the nearby islands from the top of the mountain, and the cherry blossoms are fantastic here in spring.
- Matsuura Torafugu Matsuri
The fish farms in Matsuura City are number one in Japan for the production of torafugu (a kind of globefish). These cultivated, round fish compare favorably with fish found in the wild, and you can enjoy a tasty meal at a reasonable price.
- By air:
- Haneda Airport - Nagasaki Airport; 1 hour 40 minutes
- Nagasaki Airport- Sasebo Station - Matsuura; about 2 hours 30 minutes by bus
- By train:
- Hakata Station - Arita Station - Matsuura Station; 2 hours 40 minutes