Uchiko (Uchiko-cho, Ehime Pref.)
A townscape of white walls and the wooden Uchiko-za Kabuki Theater.
- (Mar. - May)
- (Jun. - Aug.)
- (Sept. - Nov.)
- (Dec. - Feb.)
- : Culture
- : Gourmet
- : Relaxation
- : Shopping
- : Scenery
- : Convenience
- Uchiko-za Kabuki Theater
Built a century ago, Uchiko-za is the oldest extant wood-structure kabuki theater in the prefecture. Restored using materials that are as old as those used when the building was originally constructed, Uchiko-za hosts annual Bunraku puppet shows on the final Saturday and Sunday of August.
- Make Your Own Kite at the Ikazaki Kite Museum
The Ikazaki Kite Museum is the first museum in Japan to display and introduce traditional kites collected from around the world. Visitors can "see, make, and play" with kites in classes organized to permit participants to make and fly their own kites.
- Hands-on Food and Farming Activities
Tours designed to give urban consumers a chance to engage in hands-on agricultural activities are conducted at Uchiko Fresh Park Karari, a roadside station.
- By air:
- Haneda Airport - Matsuyama Airport; 1 hour 20 minutes
- Matsuyama Airport - Matsuyama Station; 25 minutes by bus
- Matsuyama Station - Uchiko Station; 25 minutes by train
- Matsuyama Station - Uchiko Station; 1 hour by bus
- Uchiko Government Office International Exchange Association
- Tel: +81-893-44-2114 (English, German, Korean, Chinese)