Kure (Kure City, Hiroshima Pref.)
A tourist destination with a nightscape as beautiful as a glittering jewel box and yatai food stalls to be savored.
- Night view from Mount Haigamine (one of the three most beautiful vistas in the Chugoku and Shikoku regions)
- (Mar. - May)
- (Jun. - Aug.)
- (Sept. - Nov.)
- (Dec. - Feb.)
- : Culture
- : Gourmet
- : Relaxation
- : Shopping
- : Scenery
- : Convenience
According to legend, Ondo-no-Seto was cleared in a single day by Taira-no-Kiyomori 800 years ago. It presently serves as a key maritime point for the passage of approximately 700 vessels a day and is famous as a scenic site of cherry blossoms and azaleas in spring.
- Yatai-dori in Kure
The street in front of City Hall is occupied every evening by a row of fourteen yatai food stalls accompanied by lit red lanterns.
These stalls serve ramen noodles, oden, Italian dishes, and Southeast Asian cuisine and are popular among the younger set.
- By air:
- Haneda Airport - Hiroshima Airport; 1 hour 30 minutes
- Hiroshima Airport - Kure Station; 1 hour by bus
- By train:
- Tokyo Station - Kure Station; 4 hours 30 minutes
- Kure Tourist Information Plaza
- Tel: +81-823-23-7845 (English)