Maniwa (Maniwa City, Okayama Pref.)
An ecologically friendly tourist destination surrounded by a rich natural environment consisting of water, green vegetation, and more.
- (Mar. - May)
- (Jun. - Aug.)
- (Sept. - Nov.)
- (Dec. - Feb.)
- : Culture
- : Gourmet
- : Relaxation
- : Shopping
- : Scenery
- : Convenience
- Katsuyama Townscape
A townscape of white-walled merchant homes, storehouses, and other structures dating from the later years of the Edo period (18th to early 19th century) is preserved in Katsuyama.
- Yubara Onsen
Yubara Onsen is famous for its sunayu, or sand baths. Choose from among many distinctive baths offering different recuperative properties. Naturally supplied with fresh water on a constant basis, these baths are especially popular as "beauty baths" among women for their high alkaline content.
- An onsen where the hot water gushes up through riverbed sand as the sand is stirred up.
- Daigo Cherry Blossoms
A cherry blossom tree said to be 1,000 years old is carefully protected by the local populace. This tree is officially recognized as one of the 100 most famous trees in Japan.
- By air:
- Haneda Airport - Okayama Airport; 1 hour 15 minutes
- Okayama Airport - Okayama Station; 30 minutes by bus
- Okayama Station - JR Chugoku Katsuyama Station; 2 hours by bus
- Maniwa City Tourism Industry and Tourism Department, Industry and Tourism Division
- Tel: +81-867-42-1033
- Maniwa City Tourism Association
- Tel: +81-867-44-4111