Yokohama (Yokohama-machi, Aomori Pref.)
A tourist destination famous for being the site of the highest planted acreage of rape blossoms in Japan and the home of fireflies.
- (Mar. - May)
- (Jun. - Aug.)
- (Sept. - Nov.)
- (Dec. - Feb.)
- : Culture
- : Gourmet
- : Relaxation
- : Shopping
- : Scenery
- : Convenience
- The Largest Rape Blossom Field in Japan
This is the largest rape blossom field in Japan in terms of planted acreage, measuring about 109 hectares (which is equal to 152 soccer fields). Visitors can experience the joy of immersing themselves in a sea of yellow blossoms during a one-month period every year from the beginning of May through the beginning of June.
- The Michi-no-Eki Station, Yokohama, Nanohana Plaza
Nanohana Plaza is a Michi-no-Eki roadside station in Yokohama, the rape blossom city. Rape blossom donuts made using fresh rapeseed oil extracted from rape blossoms and a wide variety of other rape blossom goods, as well as specialty food items made with sea cucumbers, are sold here.
- Yokohama Firefly Village
The Yokohama Firefly Village was opened in 1993 with the aim of giving sanctuary to and promoting the propagation of the Genji firefly, a protected species in Aomori. At the Firefly and Spring Water Festival held every year in July, visitors can sample somen nagashi, drink coffee made with spring water, and partake in a huge raffle as well as various other events.
- By air:
- Haneda Airport - Misawa Airport; 1 hour 10 minutes
- Misawa Airport - Mutsu-Yokohama Station; 13 minutes by bus followed by 1 hour by train
- By train:
- Tokyo Station - Mutsu-Yokohama Station; 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yokohama-cho Town Office, Industry and Construction Department
- Tel: +81-175-78-2111