The largest hub station in Hokkaido will further develop in the future.
Sapporo station is the largest hub train station in Hokkaido, and many trains bound for various locations in Hokkaido arrive at and depart from it. Introducing major destinations in Hokkaido and the time required to get there, it takes about one hour and 20 minutes to go to Asahikawa, about three and half hours to Hakodate Station, about four hours to Kushiro, about 40 minutes to Tomakomai, about two hours and 20 minutes to Obihiro, and about 30 minutes to Otaru Station. From New Chitose Airport, which is the air gateway to Hokkaido, it takes about 40 minutes to go to the Sapporo station by JR Rapid Airport Express. Trains are in service at about 15-minute intervals from around 8:00 to around 22:00 (originating from New Chitose Airport Station) and from around 6:00 to around 20:00 (originating from JR Sapporo Station). Therefore, people can move without worrying about waiting time in both outward and homeward journeys.
In addition, JR Tower is at the south exit of Sapporo Station. Various stores are incorporated in the building, including a hotel and a department store where both casual and luxury brand products are sold. Convenient spots have opened one after another at the north and west exits. In addition, the space under the elevated railway tracks is also popular as there are restaurants and stores where people can purchase home electric appliances at a low price. The pedestrian space under the station has also opened, and users have been increasing. Sapporo Station will further develop in the future.
- 3-1 Kita-6-Jo-Nishi,, Kita-ku, Sapporo City, Hokkaido
- SAPPORO ＆ HOKKAIDO CONCIERGE CENTER Tourist Information Offices SAPPORO ＆ HOKKAIDO CONCIERGE CENTER
- Mt. Moiwa-yama Natural Scenery Mt. Moiwa-yama
- Shiroi Koibito Park Industrial Tourism Shiroi Koibito Park
- Okurayama Ski Jump Stadium Sports Facilities Okurayama Ski Jump Stadium
- Former Hokkaido Government Office Historical Architectures Former Hokkaido Government Office
- Sapporo City Clock Historical Architectures Sapporo City Clock
- Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art Museums Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art
- Hitsuji-ga-oka (hill of sheep) Cityscapes Hitsuji-ga-oka (hill of sheep)