The Meiji restoration put an end to the Samurai period and the symbol of feudal reign – castles – were torn down consequently in many cases. Oka Castle was not an exception. Although the main structures of the castle have been lost, its grand stone walls still stand to remind us of the olden times. Located on the top of a hill, a panoramic view of surrounding mountains from there is simply impressive. Cherry blossoms in spring and autumn tints in the fall provide an ideal backdrop for your unforgettable memories. A parade of samurais and a feudal lord is held early April every year.
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Admission Fee
- Adults/High school students 300 yen / Group of adults (over 20 people) 200 yen / Children150 yen / Group of children (over 20 children) 100 yen
- December 31 to January 3
- [Parking] 120 parking spaces are available.
- Guernsey Farm Industrial Tourism Guernsey Farm
- Hidden Christians and the ruins Shrines, Temples & Churches Hidden Christians and the ruins
- Nagayu Hot Springs Hot Springs Nagayu Hot Springs
- Kuju Winery Industrial Tourism Kuju Winery
- Taketa Hot spring Hanamizuki Hot Springs Taketa Hot spring Hanamizuki
- Bamboo Lantern Festival Festivals & Ceremonies Bamboo Lantern Festival
- Kuju Flower Park Japanese Gardens & Parks Kuju Flower Park
- Oku-bungo Olle Natural Scenery Oku-bungo Olle