International platform for creative dialogues and artistic experiments
Tokyo Wonder Site launched its Creator-in-Residence Program in 2006. Since then, it has been providing a platform for many creators working in various fields, including art, design and architecture, to create works and to conduct a research in Tokyo. Tokyo Wonder Site Residency, relocated to Sumida-ku in autumn 2014, offers 12 rooms for accommodations and 2 small and large shared studios. It is open to the public, on the occasion of its Open Studio, which is held three times a year. At the Open Studio, visitors have an opportunity to see the creative process of residing creators, hear their talks or their discussion with guest speakers.
- Arts Kikukawa 1F, 2-14-7 Tatekawa, Sumida-ku, Tokyo
- Admission Fee
- Open to the public only on the occasion of Open Studio or public events.
- • 9 minutes' walk from Kikukawa Station, Exit A1 (Toei Subway Shinjuku Line)
• 11 minutes' walk from Morishita Station, Exit A5 (Toei Subway Shinjuku and Oedo Line)
• 15 minutes' walk from Ryogoku Station, (East Exit, JR Sobu Line/ Exit A5, Toei Subway Oedo Line)
- Ryogoku Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Ryogoku Tourist Information Center
- Tobacco and Salt Museum Industrial Tourism Tobacco and Salt Museum
- Ryogoku Kokugikan (sumo stadium) Sports Facilities Ryogoku Kokugikan (sumo stadium)
- Sumo Museum Museums Sumo Museum
- Kiyosumi Garden Japanese Gardens & Parks Kiyosumi Garden
- Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo Museums Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo
- Edo Tokyo Hakubutsukan Museums Edo Tokyo Hakubutsukan