Exhibition of a wide range of trains from good old steam trains to cutting-edge maglev trains
SCMAGLEV and Railway Park exhibits features related to railways, including carriages of historical bullet trains and those of conventional lines. There are interactive exhibitions such as the nation’s biggest model railways and driving simulators, which allow you to learn about railways while having fun.
The rolling stock exhibition, which is the biggest eye-catcher of the gallery, covers various types of transport from the first National Railway’s buses to bullet trains and the newest maglev trains. You can get inside the carriages and enjoy a hands-on sense of each age and the technology used back then.
In addition to the precise railway diorama and simulators, there are other attractive exhibition floor features, where you can learn about railways in detail, such as devices displaying railway systems and the Railway History Room showing the history of railways through panels and models. Moreover, the museum hosts a range of rare documents and fun equipment with which you can enjoy the whole day, such as a model showing the principles of maglev, the Maglev Room with a mini theatre where you can experience a simulation of travelling at 500 kilometers per hour, the Learning & Experiencing Room where you can learn about the laws of physics interactively, and the Relics Room, which displays railway parts that are actually used by Japan Railways, etc. There is also a kid’s playroom for small children, where pre-elementary aged children and their parents can play together.
- 3-2-2, Kinjofuto, Minato-ku, Nagoya City, Aichi
- 050-3772-3910 (Central Japan Railway Company)
- 10:00 - 17:30 (Last entrance 17:00)
- Admission Fee
- 1000yen (Adult) 500yen (Child) 200yen (over 3 years old)
- Tuesday (if this falls on a national holiday, closed on the following day), open every day during spring and summer vacation
- The Nagoya International Center Information Services Tourist Information Offices The Nagoya International Center Information Services
- Kanayama Tourist Informaition Center Tourist Information Offices Kanayama Tourist Informaition Center
- Oasis21 i Center Tourist Information Offices Oasis21 i Center
- Nagoya Station Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Nagoya Station Tourist Information Center
- The Tokugawa Art Museum Museums The Tokugawa Art Museum
- Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology Industrial Tourism Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
- Noritake Garden Industrial Tourism Noritake Garden
- Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens Zoological & Botanical Gardens, Aquariums Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens