Okayama-shiritsu Orient Bijutsukan (The Okayama Municipal Orient Museum) was built to house a collection of “art of the Orient” donated in 1947. The museum is distinguished by the scientifically systematized layout of this diverse collection, which includes information from various fields indispensable to the understanding of aspects of non-Western culture. The permanent exhibition, entitled The History and Culture of the Orient, presents in chronological order a variety of artworks unearthed in the Middle East, the cradle of civilization. These are divided into four sections: From Hunter-Gathers to Farmer-Herders, City Formation and the Development of the Ancient Empires, Hellenism and Persian Culture, and The Islamic Age.
- 9-31 Tenjin-cho, Kita-ku, Okayama-shi, Okayama
- Admission Fee
- 300 yen (permanent exhibition)
- Mondays (if the Monday is a national holiday, the following weekday), New Years holidays, maintenance period'
- Okayama City Tourist Information Office Tourist Information Offices Okayama City Tourist Information Office
- Momotaro Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Momotaro Tourist Information Center
- Okayama Korakuen Garden Japanese Gardens & Parks Okayama Korakuen Garden
- Okayama Castle Castles Okayama Castle
- Okayama Kenritsu Bijutsukan (Art Museum) Museums Okayama Kenritsu Bijutsukan (Art Museum)
- Saidai-ji Eyo Hadaka Matsuri Festivals & Ceremonies Saidai-ji Eyo Hadaka Matsuri