Nara Prefecture Museum of Art is located at the entrance of Nara Koen, a park which offers both history and natural beauty. The museum houses ukiyo-e woodblock prints, modern paintings, dyed cloth, armour and folklore resources. Major artworks kept at the museum include ukiyo-e such as Meisho Edo Hyakkei-Kameido Umeyashiki (The 100 Best Scenes of Edo and Ume Houses in Kameido) by Utagawa Hiroshige, Sumida-gawa Funa-asobi (Boating on the Sumida-gawa) by Kitagawa Utamaro, and Bijin-zu (Picture of a Beauty) by Soga Shohaku, a painter of the 18th century. Also in the museum collection is Hakuji-Hakkaku-Tsubo (Octagonal Pot of White Porcelain), a work by Tomimoto Kenkichi. Besides the permanent exhibitions of painting, sculpture and other artwork, scheduled exhibitions bring before visitors not only the fine art of Japan, but of the whole world.
- 10-6 Nobori Oji-cho, Nara-shi, Nara
- Admission Fee
- 400 yen (permanent exhibition)
- Mondays (if the Monday is a national holiday, the following weekday), New Years holidays, maintenance period'
- [Walk]Kintetsu Nara Stn./5-min. walk
- Nara City Information Center Tourist Information Offices Nara City Information Center
- NARA PREFECTUAL TOURIST INFORMATION CENTER Tourist Information Offices NARA PREFECTUAL TOURIST INFORMATION CENTER
- Nara City Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Nara City Tourist Information Center
- Nara City Tourist Information Office Kintetsu Nara Station Tourist Information Offices Nara City Tourist Information Office Kintetsu Nara Station
- Nara National Museum Museums Nara National Museum
- Omizutori Festivals & Ceremonies Omizutori
- Takigi O-Noh (Nara) Festivals & Ceremonies Takigi O-Noh (Nara)
- Yamayaki Festivals & Ceremonies Yamayaki