Due to the renovation work, the MOA Museum of Art is closed from March 7, 2016 to February 4, 2017.
The MOA Museum of Art stands on a beautiful hilltop with commanding views of the summer resort area of Atami and the sea beyond. The museum has spacious exhibition rooms allowing easy viewing of the collection, which consists of around 3,500 works, including three National Treasures and 61 Important Cultural Properties, focused on East Asian art. Particularly famous is the National Treasure Kobai-hyakubai-byobu (Red Plum, White Plum Folding Screen) by the artist Ogata Korin, who was active from the end of the 17th century to the 18th century. The museum also has paintings by Rembrandt and Monet, and sculptures by Moore, as well as a reconstruction of a golden tea room said to have been used for the tea ceremony by military commander Toyotomi Hideyoshi in the 16th century.
- 26-2 Momoyama-cho, Atami-shi, Shizuoka
- Admission Fee
- 1,600 yen
- Thursdays, New Year Holidays
- [Bus]JR Atami Stn./Bus/8-min. ride/MOA Bijutsukan Stop/1-min. walk
- Atami City Tourism Association Tourist Information Offices Atami City Tourism Association
- Ito City Tourist Information Tourist Information Offices Ito City Tourist Information
- Ito Marinetown City Tourist Information Tourist Information Offices Ito Marinetown City Tourist Information
- Atami-onsen Hot Spring Hot Springs Atami-onsen Hot Spring