Spend a romantic time surrounded by masterpieces of art glasses of the world
Hida Takayama Museum of Art is a private museum opened in Takayama city, Gifu prefecture in 1997. Art glasses from the late19th to the early 20th century, Art Nouveau and Art Deco glass works in particular, and interior decollating works such as furniture and lamps are mainly exhibited.
On the second floor where there is a permanent exhibition, the first thing that catches the visitors’ eye is the glass fountain by Ren Lalique. It was made in 1926 and placed in a shopping arcade which was built on Champs- lys es in Paris. The hall in which the glass fountain is exhibited is inspired by the arcade at the time.
Moving on to the exhibition room, visitors will find art glasses of historical importance from the late 19th through modern days. In the observation gallery in the back, visitors can enjoy the works in the natural light. In addition, there is a room in which the glass works by leading artists in Art Nouveau and Art Deco period such as mile Gall , Louis C. Tiffany and Ren Lalique are exhibited. The graceful collection is spectacular.
In addition, there are stairs on which the sculptures by Richard Luksch are exhibited and 4 exhibition rooms for interior decorating works. The rooms are: “Gall Room,” a room for works by mile Gall who was the leading French artist of Art Nouveau; “Louis Majorelle Room” in which furniture by Louis is exhibited; “Macintosh Room;” and “Vienna Separatists Room.” Each room exhibits works with unique artistic view.
It also has a museum shop selling glass goods from home and abroad and a cafe-restaurant which is popular for homemade sweets and lunch menu with European dishes. The museum has the right air for spending a romantic time. It is also used for wedding ceremony and wedding party.
- 1-124-1, Kamioka-motomachi, Takayama-shi, Gifu
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.(Entrance accepted until 4:30 p.m.)
- Admission Fee
- 1,300 yen
- [Rail]About 3 hours 50 min by Takayama Main Line Wide View Hida Takayama via JR Shinkansen Nagoya
- Takayama Green Hotel Tourist Information Offices Takayama Green Hotel
- TAKAYAMA NOHI BUS CENTER Tourist Information Offices TAKAYAMA NOHI BUS CENTER
- HIDA HOTEL PLAZA Tourist Information Offices HIDA HOTEL PLAZA
- Hida Takayama Tourist Information Office Tourist Information Offices Hida Takayama Tourist Information Office
- iSite TAKAYAMA Tourist Information Offices iSite TAKAYAMA
- Sanno-machi Historic District Historic Towns Sanno-machi Historic District
- Takayama Festival Festivals & Ceremonies Takayama Festival
- Takayama Matsuri Autumn Festival Festivals & Ceremonies Takayama Matsuri Autumn Festival