Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo is currently closed for renovations.
Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo houses a collection of around 3,800 works tracing the history of contemporary art. The museums definition of modern art is post-1945 fine art produced by new creative activities reflecting international trends. The collection includes avant-garde works from Japan and other nations. These help visitors understand contemporary art in an international perspective. The permanent exhibition includes over one hundred pieces from the collection, including works by Andy Warhol and Tadanori Yokoo, to help visitors appreciate trends in contemporary art. The museum also arranges unique programs, including large international exhibitions.’
- 4-1-1 Miyoshi, Koto-ku, Tokyo
- Admission Fee
- 500 yen (permanent exhibition)
- Mondays (if the Monday is a national holiday, the following weekday), New Years holidays, maintenance period'
- [Bus]JR Tokyo Stn./Bus/30-min. ride/Tokyo-to Gendai Bijutsukan mae Stop/5-min. walk
- Ryogoku Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Ryogoku Tourist Information Center
- Tobacco and Salt Museum Industrial Tourism Tobacco and Salt Museum
- Tokyo Wonder Site Residency Museums Tokyo Wonder Site Residency
- Ryogoku Kokugikan (sumo stadium) Sports Facilities Ryogoku Kokugikan (sumo stadium)
- Sumo Museum Museums Sumo Museum
- Kiyosumi Garden Japanese Gardens & Parks Kiyosumi Garden
- Edo Tokyo Hakubutsukan Museums Edo Tokyo Hakubutsukan