Bansuisou Villa is sited on the side of the mountain Shiro-yama, a short distance from the busy heart of the city of Matsuyama. The building was originally constructed in 1922 as a villa by Sadakoto Hisamatsu, the son of the lord of the Matsuyama clan that governed this region until some 130 years ago. Hisamatsu lived in France for many years as a military attache, and the building is constructed in a purely French architectural style. Opened in 1979 as an art museum, it displays mainly works by artists from Aichi Prefecture. The exhibition room on the second floor features a permanent exhibit of work by Heihachiro Fukuda, regarded as a master of modern Nihonga.
- 3-3-7 Ichiban-cho, Matsuyama-shi, Ehime
- [Rail]JR Matsuyama Stn./Iyo Tetsudo Shinai Densha (street car)/15-min. ride/Ichiban-cho Stn./2-min. walk
- Ehime Prefectural International Center（EPIC） Tourist Information Offices Ehime Prefectural International Center（EPIC）
- Dogo Information Tourist Information Offices Dogo Information
- Matsuyama Castle Castles Matsuyama Castle
- Ishite-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Ishite-ji Temple
- Dogo-onsen Hot Spring Hot Springs Dogo-onsen Hot Spring