Jigoku Mushi (地獄蒸し, literally “hell-steaming”) is an unusual cooking method found in Beppu. It’s a simple but impactful method that dates back to the Edo Period. Jigoku Mushi Kobo features an interesting hands-on workshop where you can cook food yourself in the searing onsen(hot spring) steam. But prepare yourself! The force of the steam that comes out of the steaming pot as you place the food is surprisingly powerful. And you won’t forget the unique delicious taste of the fish and vegetables cooked almost instantly in the hot steam. You can also enjoy “the spring water drinking fountain”, “the foot bath” and “the foot steam bath” for free.
- 5 Furonomoto, Beppu-shi, Oita
- 9:00 - 21:00(Last order of jigoku-mushi gama is 20:00)
- Admission Fee
- Jigoku gama steaming oven (starting from 500 yen for 30 minutes)
Foodstuff set (vegetable, meat, or fish products, starting from 500 yen)
- The third Wednesday every month (the next day in case of holiday)
- [Parking] 26 parking spaces are available.
- Beppu Foreign Tourist Office Tourist Information Offices Beppu Foreign Tourist Office
- Beppu Bamboo Basketry Handicrafts Beppu Bamboo Basketry
- Beppu Christmas HANABI Fantasia Festivals & Ceremonies Beppu Christmas HANABI Fantasia
- Takegawa Hot Springs Hot Springs Takegawa Hot Springs
- Jigoku meguri Hot Springs Jigoku meguri
- Hyotan Hot Springs Hot Springs Hyotan Hot Springs
- Beacon Plaza Commercial Complexes & Observation Towers Beacon Plaza
- Lake Shidaka-ko Natural Scenery Lake Shidaka-ko