Myouban Onsen is one of famous area in “Beppu Hatto” (Beppu is consist of 8 hot spring area). In Myouban you can find several simple straw huts but the Yunohana Goya huts have a special purpose: to “grow” yunohana crystals formed from hot spring minerals. The huts are open to visitors, where you can see them make yunohana using the same traditional methods since the Edo Priod. Beppu Onsen Hoyouland (Mud bath) is located in Myouban. The large and specious open-air-mud bath is a mixed bathing bath, but it’s a great opportunity to talk with locals and other travelers. The white, smooth mud is said to be great for your skin and face. There are few places in the world you can experience something like this, so don’t pass it up!
- Myoban Onsen, Beppu-shi, Oita
- Thursdays, 12/29 - 1/3
- [Parking] Parking is available
- Kumano-magai-butsu Archaeological Sites & Ruins Kumano-magai-butsu
- Oita Prefectural Museum of History Museums Oita Prefectural Museum of History
- "Showa no Machi" in Bungo Takada Historic Towns "Showa no Machi" in Bungo Takada
- Fuki-ji Temple Shrines, Temples & Churches Fuki-ji Temple
- Kitsuki Castle Castles Kitsuki Castle
- Kyushu Natural Zoological Park "African Safari" Zoological & Botanical Gardens, Aquariums Kyushu Natural Zoological Park "African Safari"
- Oita Airport Transport Facilities Oita Airport
- Usa Shrine Shrines, Temples & Churches Usa Shrine