Hakone-onsen is a generic name for several hot springs located around Mt. Hakone-yama, situated in the center of Fuji Hakone Izu National Park. This hot spring was very popular during the Edo Period (1603-1867) as an important site located on Tokaido Street. Each hot spring has a different atmosphere and spring quality, and many variations of Japanese hot springs can be enjoyed here. Also, there are a number of sightseeing points such as the range of mountains from Mt. Kami-yama (the highest elevation in Hakone) to Mt. Komagatake over the central cone, Lake Ashino-ko (a caldera formation) on the crater basin, sacred Mt. Fuji in the west, and the magnificent scenery of Suruga-wan and Sagami-wan bays in the southeast. It takes only 90 minutes from Shinjuku (Tokyo) to visit this hot spring, one of the most popular in Japan.
- Take Hakone Tozan Railway from Hakone-Yumoto Station (Odakyu Line).
Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa
- HakoneTotal Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices HakoneTotal Tourist Information Center
- Hakone Kowakien Yunessun Hot Springs Hakone Kowakien Yunessun
- Gora Hot Springs Gora
- Hakone Daimyo Gyoretsu Festivals & Ceremonies Hakone Daimyo Gyoretsu
- The Hakone Open Air Museum Museums The Hakone Open Air Museum