Ohara-tei is located in Kitadai (North hill) Bukeyashiki Dori (street with samurai houses) where high class samurai lived. Ohara-tei is the former residence of the Ohara family, chief retainers in the Matsudaira clan that ruled Kitsuki in feudal times. It is the main house that represents the samurai houses in Kitsuki City. It is distinguished by its impressive old-style thatched roof, its dignified entrance set in an extended front facade, and its elegant circuit-style garden. Ohara-tei is located next to Suya-no-saka Slope. It is often used as a filming location for Japanese historical drama, and provides a breathtaking scenic contrast with Shioya-no-saka (slope on the opposite side).
- 207 Kitsuki, Kitsuki-shi, Oita
- Operation hours 9：00～17：00（Admission is until 16：30）
- Admission Fee
- Admission Adult 200yen Elementary and Middle school student100yen.
- [Parking] 30 parking spaces are available for free.
- Beppu Foreign Tourist Office Tourist Information Offices Beppu Foreign Tourist Office
- Beppu Bamboo Basketry Handicrafts Beppu Bamboo Basketry
- Beppu Christmas HANABI Fantasia Festivals & Ceremonies Beppu Christmas HANABI Fantasia
- Takegawa Hot Springs Hot Springs Takegawa Hot Springs
- Jigoku meguri Hot Springs Jigoku meguri
- Hyotan Hot Springs Hot Springs Hyotan Hot Springs
- Beacon Plaza Commercial Complexes & Observation Towers Beacon Plaza
- Lake Shidaka-ko Natural Scenery Lake Shidaka-ko