It is located Minami-dai (South hill) in the center area of Kitsuki-city. Nakane-tei was constructed in 1862 by Nakane Genemon, who was a chief of the Kitsuki clan. Nowadays this samurai residence is a kimono rental service shop called “Waraku an” (和楽庵). “Waraku an” has more than 130 kinds of Kimono and 50 kinds of Obi (belt). So you will surely find one that you like. The rental service costs 2,000yen; tabi (kimono socks) are an additional 100yen. Kitsuki received Japan’s first certificate as a “Historic Cityscape with Kimono”. If you go sightseeing in a kimono in Kitsuki, entrance is free of charge at seven facilities (Kitsuki Castle, the five samurai residences, one museum).
- 193-1 Minamikitsuki, Kitsuki-shi, Oita
- Operation hours 9：00～16：30（Admission is until 14：00）
- Admission Fee
- Admission free.
Rental kimono 2,000 yen
tabi kimono socks 100yen
- Mondays, 12/29～1/3
- [Parking] 10 parking spaces are available for free.
- Beppu Foreign Tourist Office Tourist Information Offices Beppu Foreign Tourist Office
- Beppu Bamboo Basketry Handicrafts Beppu Bamboo Basketry
- Beppu Christmas HANABI Fantasia Festivals & Ceremonies Beppu Christmas HANABI Fantasia
- Takegawa Hot Springs Hot Springs Takegawa Hot Springs
- Jigoku meguri Hot Springs Jigoku meguri
- Hyotan Hot Springs Hot Springs Hyotan Hot Springs
- Beacon Plaza Commercial Complexes & Observation Towers Beacon Plaza
- Lake Shidaka-ko Natural Scenery Lake Shidaka-ko