Nagashi-bina is an event that involves dispelling impurities and misfortunes by floating dolls away on water. In earlier days this took place all over Japan, but the practice has died out in most areas. Only in Tottori City and Mochigase-cho in Tottori Prefecture does nagashi-bina survive today. In this rite, dry straw is woven into a boat, which carries a pair of male and female dolls to be cast adrift in the river. As Nagashi-bina has become quite a rare event, in recent years it has come to attract visitors by the busload.
- Mochigase-cho, Yazu-gun, Tottori
- Tottori City International Tourist Support Center Tourist Information Offices Tottori City International Tourist Support Center
- Jinpukaku Guest House Historical Architectures Jinpukaku Guest House
- Tottori Sand Dunes Natural Scenery Tottori Sand Dunes
- Tottori Castle Ruins Castles Tottori Castle Ruins
- Inshu-washi Handicrafts Inshu-washi