Crystals were discovered in Yamanashi about 1,000 years ago and since then have been highly prized for decorative purposes. Initially the rough stones were displayed as room ornaments, but in around the 18th century emery powder was used to polish the crystals and a crystal ware industry was born. These days the crystals are sculpted in various ways using a rotating iron file. Since the characteristics of the rough stone are utilized, no two pieces are identical. Nowadays, the artisans of this region make accessories and furniture as well as ornaments representing horses, birds and the Buddha. This crystal ware (suisho-kiseki-zaiku)was designated a traditional craft in 1976.
- Yamanashi Dento-Sangyo Kaikan:1569 Yokkaichiba, Isawa-cho, Fuefuki-shi, Yamanashi
- [Car]JR Isawa-onsen Station/Taxi/5 min.
- Yamanashi Tourism Organization Tourist Information Offices Yamanashi Tourism Organization
- Chuo Expressway FUTABA Service Area Area Concierge(Inbound) Tourist Information Offices Chuo Expressway FUTABA Service Area Area Concierge(Inbound)
- Chuo Expressway FUTABA Service Area Area Concierge (Outbound) Tourist Information Offices Chuo Expressway FUTABA Service Area Area Concierge (Outbound)
- Kofu City Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Kofu City Tourist Information Center
- Takeda Residence Remeins Takeda Residence Remeins
- Shosenkyo Scenic Landscapes Shosenkyo
- Suntory Tominooka Winery Industrial Tourism Suntory Tominooka Winery
- Yamanashi Kenritsu Bijutsukan (Art Museum) Museums Yamanashi Kenritsu Bijutsukan (Art Museum)