One of the largest shopping streets both above the ground and underground, satisfying needs for shopping and eating
Sakae, the largest shopping area in Nagoya, is next to Sakae Station, two stations away from Nagoya Station on Nagoya Municipal Subway. The area forms a huge commercial area, mainly around Otsu Street running north to south and Hirokoji Street stretching east to west. There are major department stores, such as Matsuzakaya, Maruei and Mitsukoshi, and large-scale shopping centers, such as Parco, Nadia Park (with International Design Center), and Lachic, offering stylish products including fashion items, cosmetics, bags and household goods. Recently, luxury brand stores opened along Otsu Street, forming one of Japan’s largest brand streets. It is a great place for shopping. There is also a vast mall spreading underground. Three underground streets, namely Central Park, Sakae Mori No Chikagai, and Sakae-chika, connect the station, department stores and commercial buildings, so it is very convenient.
If you go above ground and head towards Hisaya Odori Park, you will find Nagoya TV Tower, the symbol of Nagoya. From the 90 m-high sky deck, you can watch the sunset and the night view of the city. There are also recommended spots nearby, such as Oasis 21, a three-dimensional park resembling a spaceship made of glass, Aichi Arts Center, where art exhibitions and concerts are held, and Ran No Yakata, where there are about 20,000 orchids.
- Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya City, Aichi
- 052-541-4301 (Nagoya City Tourist Information Center at Nagoya Station)
- The Nagoya International Center Information Services Tourist Information Offices The Nagoya International Center Information Services
- Kanayama Tourist Informaition Center Tourist Information Offices Kanayama Tourist Informaition Center
- Oasis21 i Center Tourist Information Offices Oasis21 i Center
- Nagoya Station Tourist Information Center Tourist Information Offices Nagoya Station Tourist Information Center
- The Tokugawa Art Museum Museums The Tokugawa Art Museum
- Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology Industrial Tourism Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
- Noritake Garden Industrial Tourism Noritake Garden
- SCMAGLEV and Railway Park Museums SCMAGLEV and Railway Park